Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Architecture Merger

I met with a client recently who wants a sunroom addition to the back of their home, but seemed to have a real desire for an overall plan of how the addition may fit with and be complimented by an outdoor patio and landscaping. I took this as an opportunity to get off the computer and do things the old fashion way. The university I attended started each student in the College of Architecture and Planning with a year of overlapping studies. It wasn't until the second year that we declared our major within the college. I haven't had many opportunities to practice what I learned with my brief introduction to landscape architecture, so I thought I'd take this one. With a little help from Photoshop, my hope is that our client may gain some ideas and begin to dream with me on what design opportunities they have in both the built & natural environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment